International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating women’s equality. This year’s 2023 theme is about how we can #EmbraceEquity!!
How will you forge women’s equality and #EmbraceEquity? Check out some available resources and things you can do to celebrate!!
- Challenge gender stereotypes, call out discrimination, draw attention to bias, and seek out inclusion
- Collective Activism
- Wear Purple
- Shop Women-Owned Businesses
- Explore the Smithsonian American Women’s History Museum site
- Add some women-authored books to your library
- Watch a film/documentary/tv series focused on Women
- Listen to a podcast Cite Black Women, NATAL, Truth Be Told, Body Trauma, Imperfectly Phenomenal Women
- Give the gift of a bottle of Black woman-owned wine (Brown Estate, Monte Rosso, McBride Sisters , Darjean Jones Wines, Wifey Brands)
- Tune into the UN Women program, “DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality” (3/8- 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. EST)
- International Women’s Day Resources
- See the Google Doodle for the day…The vignettes within each “GOOGLE” letter highlight just a few of the many areas in which women around the world support each other to progress and improve each other’s quality of life. In honor of women across the globe who are supporting each other across all aspects of life — Happy International Women’s Day!