“We write for the same reason that we walk, talk, climb mountains or swim the oceans – because we can. We have some impulse within us that makes us want to explain ourselves to other human beings.” – Maya Angelou
Every month I always look forward to feature books for my followers, family, and friends to read. I am always on the lookout for books to add to my monthly lists, so much so that I had to create a file just for “Book Features”. Well this month is no different!! I found some goodies that I hope you will like and feel free to share with others!!
Check them out below:
- Already Knew You Were Coming ~Sarah Nnenna Loveth Nwafor
- Yesterday is History ~Kosoko Jackson
- Hurricane Summer ~Asha Bromfield
- Who Are Your People? ~Bakari Sellers
- Chlorine Sky ~Mahogany L. Browne
As an added bonus this month, not only do you get February’s recommendation but also a special list just for #BlackHistoryMonth!!
- The Violin Conspiracy ~Brendan Slocumb
- PET ~Akwaeke Emezi
- Nina: A Story of Nina Simone ~Traci N. Todd
- Hey You!: An Empowering Celebration of Growing Up Black ~Dapo Adeola
- Your Name is a Song ~Jamilah Thompkins-Bigelow
- You’ll Never Believed What Happened to Lacey: Crazy Stories about Racism ~Amber Ruffin & Lacey Lamar
And remember you can always go back and check out the previous month’s list and past recommendations in the “Resource” section of the website!!
“Books are meat and medicine and flame and flight and flower,
steel, stitch, and cloud and clout, and drumbeats in the air.”