Happy Summer!! As we prepare to enter into sweltering heats, take vacations on the beach, spend time with loved ones and friends, let me make sure I get you ready for some summer reading! Summer is always an exciting time for me, and a time to take advantage of some leisure reading!
This month, just like every month before….I GOT YOU!! Nice mix of stories from all different directions and perspectives!!
- If They Come For Us ~Fatimah Asghar
- My Monticello ~Jocelyn Nicole Johnson
- Girl Gurl Grrrl: On Womanhood and Belonging in the Age of Black Girl Magic ~Kenya Hunt
- The After Party ~A.C. Arthur
- All Different Now: Juneteenth, the First Day of Freedom ~Angela Johnson
- A First Time of Everything: A Story of a Black Woman Public Servant ~Sallie Peake
- Watermelon & Red Birds: A Cookbook for Juneteenth and Black Celebrations ~Nicole A. Taylor
- We Are Each Other’s Harvest: Celebrating African American Farmers, Land, and Legacy ~Natalie Baszile
And remember you can always go back and check out the previous month’s list and past recommendations in the “Resource” section of the website!!
“There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made.” ~Michelle Obama