Dr. G’s Upcoming Events
Wow!! February is truly flying by, but it is definitely one for the books.
As we get ready to close out Black History Month, I wanted to make sure I shared with you all some upcoming events in which you can see me in action”!!
February 23rd, 2021
- VCU Unlocking Health Equity Panel-“Are Cultural Images Fueling our Bias?” [Watch the Event Here!] Event begins at 12 pm/ET!
- Chesterfield Public Library-Black History Month Program, “Black Women in American Pop Culture:” A discussion on the various portrayals of Black women in American pop culture. [Register for the event here!] Event begins at 7 pm/ET!
February 24th, 2021
- The New Commons Project-University of Maine Farmington-“What’s Your RPG Fantasy?: Let’s Talk Blackness, Politics, and Gaming” (Virtual Lecture)…(Farmington, ME)…[Watch Here]
- Richmond Public Library System Black History Month Discussion- “The Black Family and its Representations, Identity, and Complexities” (Panelist)…(Richmond, VA)…[Register for the event here] Event begins at 6 pm/ET
February 25th, 2021
- VCU Activities Programming Board- “Education, Covid-19, and Classroom Learning”: A open dialogue on the current state of education, the Covid-19 pandemic, and the impact on today’s learning, (Panelist)…(Richmond, VA)…Event begins at 6 pm/ET!
- Conversations with Beloved and Kindred–Episode 4: “Harlem Nights”…Auburn Avenue Research Library…[Live Streaming Here]… Event begins at 7 pm/ET!
- Berkeley Center for New Media- “Fandom+Piracy Keynote w/Rebecca Wanzo: “How Should We Theorize Injury in Fan Studies?” (Panelist/Interlocuter)…(Berkeley, CA)…[Register Here]…Event begins at 8 pm/ET!