Christmas cookies (CHECK), Egg Nog or Mulled Wine (CHECK & CHECK), Firestick plugged in (CHECK), and plenty of Blankets (CHECK)!! Just a few items needed as we prepare to dive into some Holiday movies!! I figured I would share a few of my holiday favorites with you to get you in the holiday mood!! Now some of these are classics and some are just simply for a good laugh, but nonetheless channeling the holiday season!! Check them out below:
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989): This is one of my all-time favorite movies ever!! It never gets old!! And an extra bonus it takes place in my home state (Chicago, IL)!!
- Four Christmases (2008)
- The Best Man Holiday (2013): Nothing like hearing and seeing a rendition of New Edition perform during the Holidays!!
- The Holiday (2006)
- Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey (2020): A fantastical/STEM holiday adventure infused with some #BlackGirlMagic … works for me!!
- The Preacher’s Wife (2002): What more could you ask for with a cast that includes the late Whitney Houston, Denzel Washington, the hilarious Jenifer Lewis, and Courtney B. Vance and the amazing music…chef’s kiss!!
- A Christmas Story (1983): Classic Christmas Tell!!
- Prancer (1989)
- Frosty the Snowman (1969):Classic Holiday Canon!!
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966): Classic Holiday Canon!!
- The Night Before (2015): Nothing like searching for the ultimate holiday party!!
- The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992): The perfect way to introduce your kids to the classic Christmas tale!
- The Family Stone (2005)
- Jingle All the Way (1996): Who doesn’t love a Holiday fight for Christmas toys?!!
- The Nightmare before Christmas (1993)
- Die Hard (1988): Yep this counts!!
- Home Alone (1990): No ‘Wet Bandits’ for me!!
- Elf (2003): Will Ferrell in elf suit…priceless!!
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965): Classic Holiday Canon!!
Now I know there may be some flicks that didn’t make the list, that maybe you think should, but if that was the case this list would never end!!
In addition to curling up on the couch to watch your favorite holiday movies, I will also escape to the theaters (safely of course, masked and ready). So if you are anything like my family we always have a tradition of going to see a movie on Christmas Day, just another way to get our movie fix in!! And as that day quickly approaches we still gotta figure out what it will be, but trust me we are definitely looking forward to it!!
Now you are ready to rock and ‘Holiday’ roll!
So what’s your favorite Holiday movies??